Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Thank you note to my fellow homeowners...

I would like to take a moment and thank all the homeowners who have reached out either through Facebook or my blog to tell me their stories in dealing with the HOA, management company and Vial and Fotheringham (HOA law firm), most of all your support in what I am doing to help us all in making sure the HOA follows the CC&Rs, Bylaws and Statutory law. It is all greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I recently had an exchange with a homeowner who clearly is not as well informed as I am regarding the history and improper conduct of our HOA, management company and the law firm. This homeowner was unjustly critical and unappreciative of my efforts.

Think about the experiences we've all had either personally or vicariously through your neighbors experiences. Bogus violation notices, demand letters and excessive collection fees on alleged past due assessments, etc. The reserve account that had funds stolen and no one was told until years later at an annual meeting, and then the board took it upon itself to stop and restart the reserve account at their choosing without 75% of the homeowners approval, but more so without first doing a reserve study. Now they are doing the reserve study required by law not by their choosing, but because I provided the better legal argument that they needed to and the law firm conceded to that fact.

I've done a lot to protect our community from our over zealous HOA, all on my own time and my own dime. I didn't ask to do this, it's just in my nature to defend others being taken advantage of by the "system." Be it veterans or our own community, I'm always willing to make a wrong right and I more often than not win.

So to the unappreciative homeowner and any others like minded, if you do not know the full history and facts of what has gone on with our HOA since 1999, please keep your unsubstantiated criticism to yourself. It is of no value to me or the other homeowners in my efforts to take a stand for us all, to include you!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment